- To qualify for Group discounts and benefits groups must comprise of at least 15 persons and must pre-book their visit. Groups who reduce their numbers to less than 15 will be charged the standard rates and not receive any discounts or group benefits.
- All bookings remain provisional until full payment has been received.
- Companies who are being invoiced after the visit date must return a signed ‘Provisional Booking’ letter to confirm their booking.
- Once full payment has been received your booking will be confirmed to you in writing.
- All provisional bookings will be released 48 hours prior to the arrival time.
- To amend your booking please call 01904 261262 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Canterbury Tales reserves the right to charge for any amendments made within the 48 hour period prior to arrival.
- Cancellations must be made at least 48 hours in advance of your arrival time. For full information see ‘General Information’ below.
- Please note that if you have made arrangements to pay for your visit before you arrive and do not turn up for your visit, or do not notify us within 48 hours of your visit that you will not be visiting, you will be invoiced for the full value of the visit
- Full pre-payment must be made at least 48 hours in advance of your visit. Please contact us if you are having problems making payment for your group.
- All payments must be made in pound sterling (£).
- Failure to pay for your visit will result in your booking being released 48 hours before your expected arrival time.
- Cheques must be made payable to Heritage Projects (Canterbury Tales) Limited and sent to Continuum, St Edmund’s House, Margaret Street, York, YO10 4UX. Please ensure your Reservation Number is noted on the back of your cheque.
- Credit card payments (to be processed before your arrival date) should be made by calling the Group Bookings Office on 01904 261262 .
- If payment is made by bank transfer all bank charges are the responsibility of the customer.
- A Remittance Advice should be sent to the Group Bookings Office to confirm all BACS transfers. Your booking will not be confirmed until we have received the payment into our bank.
- Once payments have been received a receipt will be sent out.
- Groups who have made arrangements to be invoiced do not need to pay in advance. These groups must pay any invoice within 30 days of the invoice date. Failure to do so may result in pre-payment being required on future visits.
- Cancellations – Cancellations must be made at least 48 hours in advance of your arrival time. The Canterbury Tales retains absolute discretion as to whether late cancellations will be charged. Standard fees for late cancellation are 100% of the booking. To cancel your booking please call 01904 261262 .
- No-shows – The Canterbury Tales retains absolute discretion as to whether groups who do not arrive for their tour will be charged. Standard fees for no-shows are 100% of the booking.
- Refunds – The Canterbury Tales retains absolute discretion as to whether refunds will be given.
- Tours – Groups will be split into smaller groups on arrival and will tour in groups of approximately 10-12 people. All tours are audio guided, foreign language commentaries are available.
On the day of the visit
- We ask all groups to arrive at least 10 minutes before their scheduled tour time. The Canterbury Tales reserves the right to refuse entry to any group arriving after their scheduled tour time. The Canterbury Tales retains absolute discretion as to whether late arriving groups / people will be charged for their tour. Standard fees for late arrival will be 100% of the booking.
- To notify the attraction of the group’s late arrival please call 01904 261262.
- The attraction is located on St Margaret Street, Canterbury, Kent, CT1 2TG.
- Groups arriving with less people than originally booked will be charged for all pre-ordered tickets.
Refusal of Entry
The Canterbury Tales reserves the right to refuse entry on to a tour or remove any person who:
- Arrives late for their tour.
- Is suspected to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Does not respect the historical nature of the attraction.
- Behaves in a manner which is disruptive to the enjoyment of other visitors.
- Behaves in a manner which compromises the safety of other visitors or staff.
- Uses verbal or physical threats or insults toward any member of staff.
You will be added to Continuum’s mailing list following your visit so we can contact you with information on our special offers and events. If you do not wish to receive any further communication from us following your visit please notify us by calling +44 (0)1904 261262 or emailing email@example.com